Choosing A Solicitor

Whilst it is vital that you obtain legal advice early on in your matter, it is equally as important to instruct a solicitor with the right knowledge and expertise for your circumstances. Not all family lawyers practice regularly in care work and not all care lawyers are experienced in non-accidental injury work. You are entitled to (and you should) ask any solicitor you want to work with what their experience is so that you can be sure that they are the right solicitor for your case.

There are lots of benefits to instructing a solicitor experienced in non-accidental injury work, rather than your local care or family lawyer. Not only do they understand the law in this area, but they will understand the medical aspect of the case including medical conditions that can replicate symptoms of non-accidental injury, the range of different medical experts (some good, others not so) and which of them would be appropriate in your case and, importantly, which barristers to instruct to ensure effective to cross-examination those experts who give evidence in your case.

You do not need to instruct a solicitor who has an office close to you or who knows the other lawyers well.  You can choose to instruct someone further away.  

Where you are already in care proceedings and have a solicitor, it may be possible to transfer your legal aid to another solicitor. The process can be relatively quick and straightforward.  It is important that you have confidence in the legal team representing you and that you are happy with how your case is being managed.  Please get in touch if you want to discuss us taking over your representation and whether your legal aid could be transferred to us.

You can see some of our recent case history here and client testimonials here